A Prepared Applicant is a Strong Candidate.
In my career, I have
interviewed thousands of applicants. At the end of the interview, the best
applicants had about five questions to ask me, based on interview preparation
and what transpired during the interview.
Let’s dive right in to discuss some good questions to ask.
- Can you describe the current culture in the organization?
- Will I be working mostly in a team or independently?
- What can I expect during my first two weeks of learning?
- What would my initial goals be to accomplish?
- Does the company have any programs in place for professional development?
- Please describe a typical day in this job.
- How is lunchtime handled in this department?
- Do you need any more information that I can provide?
- What is your favorite part about working for this employer?
- Are there challenges that I should expect in the job?
- What are the performance expectations over the next 12 months?
- How long have you been with the organization?
- I read about the company founding, what else is there to know?
- Where do you see the company in the next few years?
- Can you tell me about the annual company traditions?
- What is the next step in this interview process?
The job-hunting environment has radically changed. Artificial intelligence sorts and categorizes resumes and cover letters. The first step is ensuring that your resume is ready for the robots that read resumes!
Are you ready to be a prepared applicant who becomes a strong candidate? Start with a new, professional, and custom resume created by Coach JJ. Then receive free advice as you work your job hunt. Also, be sure that your social medial profiles are current with an attractive modern headshot. Follow Career Advice Simplified on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Connect with me on LinkedIn!
Jean is the founder and owner of Human Resources Simplified and Career Advice Simplified. She earned an MBA and is a certified senior-level human resources executive/consultant, adjunct professor, management trainer, professional speaker, business author, career coach, certified resume writer, and personal branding expert. She has other certifications also.